(Adds details) MEXICO CITY, Oct 7 (Reuters) – Grupo Mexico will not enter a bidding war for Citi's retail unit in the country, known as Banamex, as its offer already places the lender at a higher value than a previously accepted competing bid, the miner and transport conglomerate said on Tuesday. Grupo Mexico's bid launched last week includes plans to retain 60% of the investment and sell the remaining 40% to Mexican private investors and pension funds, it said in a filing. The company said it already has agreements for the 40% portion it would sell off, and that it would consider launching a public offering at a later date to include smaller investors. The miner would also not plan on significantly raising its debt load to fund the purchase, it said. The most needed would be under $2 billion, already covered through agreed-upon credit lines, Grupo Mexico added. The competing offer from Grupo Mexico comes after Citi announced last month it would sell a 25% stake in Banamex to Mexican billionaire Fernando Chico Pardo, chairman of airport operator ASUR . (Reporting by Natalia Siniawski; Editing by Kylie Madry)
(The article has been published through a syndicated feed. Except for the headline, the content has been published verbatim. Liability lies with original publisher.)
Using an old bottle of sun lotion could leave your skin at risk. London (PA Media/dpa)…
Using an old bottle of sun lotion could leave your skin at risk. London (PA Media/dpa)…
Sometimes, medication and therapy fail to help depression patients and ketamine has also been used…
Young adult dramas have always been pivotal to Netflix's programming, with a slew of massive…
A psychologist and the author of a book on intelligence suggest how parents can help…
Young adult dramas have always been pivotal to Netflix's programming, with a slew of massive…